Deloraine House is located at 112 Emu Bay Road, Deloraine. We are a member of Neighbourhood House Tasmania and offer services. We are funded primarily through Department of Communities Tasmania. Our goal is to bring local people together to look at what opportunities or needs exist in their community, and then more importantly, work together on doing something about it.
The office is staffed Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm. However, the house is accessible outside these hours for community groups to run activities using the facilities of the house.
The Deloraine House team is made up of three permanent staff members, many volunteer workers, and several casually employed community workers. We have a management committee who takes responsibility for finances and policy. Committee members are from a diverse range in the community from family members and community services organisations. Meetings are held monthly at Deloraine House.
Membership of the House is open to anyone in the community and the funds are used to support the community house. Members are contacted if a working bee is organised or to help with fundraising events. They are also entitled to discounted room hire.
Deloraine House is a communal space where people can come together for a chat over a cuppa, hire a room for a meeting or activity, use computers, have photocopies made, use the WiFi, make phone calls, or just have a chat with a friendly face. We can also help people out with information about what other services and facilities are available in the area.
We provide a wide range of programs including:
- Eating with Friends monthly luncheon
- National Heart Foundation Walking Group
- Meander Valley Harvest Helpers program
- Community Gardens in Deloraine and Mole Creek
- Community Playgroup
- Legal Literacy Assistance
- Produce Share Table
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
- Fortnightly Youth Group
We have many visiting services such as:
- Anglicare Financial Counselling
- Anglicare Housing Connect
- Launceston Community Legal Centre
- Salvation Army Doorways Program
- Libraries Tasmania Literacy Tutoring
- NDIS Baptcare Local Area Coordinator
- Wise Employment
- Interact Australia
- Mission Australia
- University Tasmania Support
- Advocacy Tasmania
- Glenhaven Family Care
Community Group Activities in the house include:
- Deloraine Spinners Group
- Tuesday Weavers of Deloraine
- Roudy Ruggers, (Hook-rug Group)
- CORES (COmmunity Response to Eliminating Suicide)
- Conversation Circle (Libraries Tasmania)
- Deloraine Writers Group
- NA/AA Group Meetings
- Nights of the Round Table ( Current affairs discussion group)
The House provides information, training opportunities and community education on social issues.