It’s a busy time in all our gardens at the moment, with the progression of spring, it’s all happening!
This week is the State Neighbourhood Houses conference, so I will be at the House this Wednesday taking the opportunity to network with others from around the State to share our ideas, our concerns, and potentially solve a few of the world’s problems!
There’s plenty to do in the gardens for those looking to get out and enjoy the season;
- The x2 new wicking beds can be filled with topsoil ( would be a good idea to screen) and compost.
- There are a couple of raised beds that can be planted out – we had a donation of some lettuce seedlings that are in the seed shed.
- The potato/pumpkin bed can be started/turned over that will occupy the centre of the garden, inside our proposed ‘road’.
- There’s always weeding – Sue made a great start in the poly tunnel last week.
- There is another full bag of seed raising mix in the shed hat can be used to get some more seeds started ready for planting out.
When you are in the garden next, check out the worm-a-bago that the high school students applied for a grant for, and have very kindly decided it would be best housed in the community garden!
Next week is school holidays, and I am planning on taking the first week off.
If you need anything for the gardens though, or have any questions, don’t wait – I’m always happy to talk about gardening!
Project Officer – Community Garden
Deloraine House Inc.
“The Heart of our Community”
Tel: 03 6362 2678
Mob: 0409 452 642
Address: 112 Emu Bay Road, Deloraine
Post: PO Box 334, Deloraine Tas 7304
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the information contained in this transmission.